Legendary Boost & Fuzz In One Pedal!
The Formula B Fuzz Rangers takes two iconic circuits and encloses them in a beautifully finished chassis, with vintage-style controls. With the option to run the Fuzz or Boost independently, it's an incredibly flexible pedal for your pedalboard, but where it gets interesting is that there's a toggle to set the direction of the signal. You can choose whether to run the Boost into the Fuzz, or vice-versa. The results differ dramatically...
The Fuzz circuit is based on the silicon Fuzz Face, using a pair of NOS military-spec BC108 transistors and carbon-layer resistors. It sounds great on its own, and reacts really nicely to your guitar's volume pot - as Fuzz Faces do. Running the Fuzz into the Boost gets you a clearer tone with plenty of gain to push your amp, showcasing all that lovely Fuzz Face breakup.
The Boost circuit is based on the Dallas Rangemaster Treble Booster, with silicon BC549 transistors to reduce compatibility problems (polarity, power etc) with the Fuzz circuit. Uniquely, there's a toggle switch to shift the Boost emphasis between Low, Mid and High frequencies, making it more flexible than a traditional Rangemaster. Running the Boost into the Fuzz saturates the input of the Fuzz Face and gets you a rich, warm, super-fuzzy character which responds well to how you set the EQ toggle.
More than simply for fans of Jimi Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughan, this pedal will serve you well with its vintage vibe and tonal flexibility.
- Dual-channel pedal with independent Fuzz and Boost circuits.
- NOS BC108 transistors and carbon-layer resistors on the Fuzz side.
- Silicon-based Rangemaster circuit on the Boost side for greater compatibility with the Fuzz.
- Effects Order toggle switch enables you to run the Fuzz into the Boost, or the Boost into the Fuzz when both channels are activated.
- EQ toggle allows you to emphasise Low, Mid or High frequencies on the Boost side.
- Handmade in Todi, Italy
- Fuzz, Level, Boost, EQ toggle & Effects Order toggle controls
- Power: 9V power supply, centre-negative (not included)
- Current draw: 10mA