For Those Who Prize "Feel"...
Zander Circuitry's Surplus Elemental Overdriver is a two-stage transistor boost/ overdrive pedal with the capability to achieve beautiful clean boost tones as well as complex distortion and even some fuzz.
The pedal features two foot-switchable channels with independent gain controls, perfect for on-the-fly switching. The switches support both momentary and latching switching, meaning that you can temporarily engage a channel by holding your foot down on either one of the switches.
Use the Response control to tweak the input and output capacitor value, rolling off the gain and low-end frequencies to achieve super-complex tones. It offers everything from a thinner, brighter character through to a grainy, spitty character. This pedal is incredibly reactive to your guitar's volume pot and playing dynamics, making it great for those of you who prize 'feel' above all else.
This latest version of the Zander Circuitry Surplus Elemental Overdriver features a more compact footprint, beautiful knurled steel controls, and an upgrade from six to eight options on the signature clipping selector:
- Germanium: A smooth, sweet sounding form of clipping, very ‘amp-like’ in its response.
- Silicon: Louder, brighter and more aggressive sounding.
LED: Even louder, less saturated but very punchy.
- Asymmetrical germanium: A more aggressive germanium sound.
- Asymmetrical silicon: Beefing up the aggression of the silicon sound.
- Asymmetrical LED: A more aggressive version of the LED sound.
- MOSFET: Similar to the silicon setting but a bit sweeter, crunchier and a touch more saturated.
- No diodes: Loads of output but not much gain.
The pedal features two foot-switchable channels with independent gain controls, perfect for on-the-fly switching. The switches support both momentary and latching switching, meaning that you can temporarily engage a channel by holding your foot down on either one of the switches. You can also now engage the second footswitch from bypass, without having to activate the pedal first.
- Updated version of Surplus Elemental Overdriver for 2021
- Top-mounted jacks
- Level 1, Level 2, Gain 1, Gain 2, Tone, Response, Channel 2 & Diode Selector Controls
- Power: 9V power adaptor, centre-negative (not included).
- Current draw: 100mA